Statutes of the international Centre for Performance Studies
FORMATION - OBJECTIVES – LOCATION
An association governed by the dahir n° 1-58-376 such as it was modified by the dahir n° 73.1.1973 of April 10, 1973 is created under the denomination of “international Centre for Performance Studies”.
This Centre is a nongovernmental authority subjected to the Moroccan Law.
The Centre may use all means permitted by law to promote its main objectives including but not limited to:
- Multidisciplinary research in Performance studies, theatrical production, and related arts.
- The promotion and development of collaboration between different theatrical disciplines, performing arts, and academic research in these fields at the national, Arab and international levels in order to attract academics and actors in other disciplines to enrich the objectives of the centre through.
- The creation of Committees in the field of theatrical research, theatrical creation and performance studies for the advancement of research projects and field work.
- The coordination of theatrical activities and dissemination of information on the topicality of theatre and the arts. Promotion of dialogue and collaboration between theatre artists and academics specialized in the field.
- Multilingual publications of studies, works and books on theatre, performance studies, and related arts under various prospects and within the framework of the publications of the international Centre for performance studies including the publication of the members’ works both in Arabic and other languages, and their dissemination both at the national and international levels.
- The organization of festivals, conferences, artistic/cultural events, and thematic workshops in the field of the theatre and performance under all their facets.
- The exchange of visits and delegations of participants in the events organized by the Centre and other organizations or institutions interested in theatre at the national, Arab and international levels.
- The organization of the international Forum “Performing Tangier”, in collaboration with partners from
and abroad, under the aegis of the president of the Centre and official spokesperson of the international Forum “scenic Tangier”. Morocco
In order to carry out the above-mentioned objectives, the Centre can resort to all the instruments authorized by the provisions which apply to the physical people, by assimilation with the moral people, of which in particular, the acquisition of all movable and real property and the use of these goods within the limits permitted by the legislation in strength and these statutes.
- The registered office of the Centre is temporarily located in the following address: 50, Aya Residence, AV Gandhi, Tangier (90 000),
- The Centre is created for an unlimited period.
COMPOSITION - MEMBERS - MANAGEMENT
The Centre is composed of active members and members of honour.
1 - To become an active member, the candidate must meet the criteria of adhesion, have poured the rights of adhesion and to comply with the rules of the Centre.
2 - The membership of honour is granted to any person having rendered services to the Centre or who aspires to render them, in accordance with the provisions of the rules of procedure on this subject.
The active membership is granted by the Executive committee to professionals of theatre and the neighbouring arts, writers, critics or researchers in the field of theatre and performance studies, in accordance with the methods outlined by the rules of membership.
- The membership is lost by the resignation of the member concerned and should be communicated to the president of the Centre by registered mail, that is to say the decision of exclusion is taken in accordance with the provisions outlined within the rules of membership.
- Will be excluded from the Centre any member having tarnished the reputation of the centre and/or having broken its rules and standards and this, in accordance with the provisions outlined with the centre.
The Centre is managed by the following elected bodies:
- The General meeting
- The Executive committee
- The General meeting is composed of the members of the Executive committee and the preparatory commission.
- The ordinary general Assemblies are held once every five years. They can be held at an extraordinary sitting on the initiative of the two thirds of the active members.
- The General meeting undertakes to discuss financial and moral reports/ratios as well as their approval. It also elects the members of the Executive committee.
- The opening of the General meeting’s work requires a quorum of two thirds of the members. In the absence of quorum, the Executive committee convenes a new General meeting which takes place within a fifteen-day deadline, with the members who attend. The deliberations of this General meeting are considered healthy, final and constraining for all.
- The Executive committee is composed of 7 to 13 members elected by the General meeting.
- The Executive committee takes care of the management of the Centre in accordance with the law and of the goals and objectives envisaged. It can also create sub-commissions charged to lean on questions or fields in connection with theatre and performance studies.
- The Executive committee will assume the organization of the general Assemblies, the convocation of those and the presentation of the financial and moral reports/ratios in the general assembly.
- The Executive committee meets, by the convocation from the president, once every six months or when the need arises. The quorum of the first meeting is fixed at the majority of the members and the members present for the later meetings. The decisions are made in the majority of the votes.
- The Office is composed as follows:
- the president :
- is responsible for the management of the Centre. He/she is the spokesperson of the Centre and its representative near the authorities and of justice. He/she is also invested the widest capacities to represent the Centre, to act as its name, to take care of the respect of engagements of the Centre and the achievement of its objectives, the defence of its rights and its interests and to put forward those near any authority.
- is entitled to have the unit of the funds and goods of association, without exception no, in the respect of the laws in force and the provisions stipulated by these statutes and the rules of procedure.
- convenes the meetings of the Executive committee and ensures its management. It also addresses individual convocations to the members of the ordinary and extraordinary general assemblies as mentioned in the statutes or the rules of procedure.
- has a casting vote for the adoption of decisions in the meetings of the Executive committee or those of the ordinary or extraordinary general Assemblies.
- co-signs all financial documents with the treasurer or his substitute in the absence of the treasurer.
- the secretary general:
- is responsible for the administrative aspects of the Centre. She/he consigns the official reports of the meetings, writes the correspondences, coordinates the programs and the activities, and prepares the agendas and the projects of events.
- the deputy secretary general :
- assists the secretary general in the execution of her/his mission and replaces her/him in her/his absence or on mandate of the secretary general.
- the treasurer:
- is the person in charge for the financial management of the Centre. She/he prepares the projects of the budgets of management and exploitation and carries out the draft budgets stopped by the Executive committee or the General meeting. She/he also keeps the financial accounts of the Centre in conformity with the provisions of the rules of procedure of the laws in force in this field. She/he co-signs accounts - cheques and obligations with the president of the Centre.
- the assistant treasurer:
- assists the treasurer in the execution of her/his mission and replaces her/him in her/his absence or on mandate of the treasurer.
- The Office charges the remaining members with giving opinions and expertise within the framework precise fields of examination in connection with the theatrical sector and performance studies.
Is regarded as member of the Centre any person following a theatrical occupation and having shown her/his competence and her/his aptitude in this field or any researcher in the field of performance studies. Her/his request must be done as follows:
- to lodge a written request near the executive Office,
- to fill out the membership application form,
- to provide a curriculum vitae accompanied by copies of the documents in proof,
- to pay the annual fee of adhesion which is set at 300 Moroccan dirham (Equivalent of 30 Euro).
The active member has access to all the activities and events organized by the Centre.
Will be excluded from the Centre any member who would have violated the statutes or the rules of procedure of the Centre, who would have violated the deontology of the professionals of the theatre and related arts or who would have tarnished in whatever manner the reputation of the Centre.
CONTAIN III: finances
The resources of the Centre come from the contributions of its members, of the competent authority and State grants, of the activities of the Centre, international assistances and grants, the receipts of the publications of the Centre and the various incomes authorized by the law.
The expenditure of the Centre is fixed in accordance with the budgets of management and exploitation. They are also stopped by the Executive committee or the General meeting, in accordance with the legal provisions into force in this respect.
Modification of the statutes - Dissolution of the Centre
1 These can be amended only by one decision approved by the General meeting in the majority of two thirds of the votes, on the basis of draft amendment duly moved and approved by the Executive committee.
- Dissolution of the centre could be marked only at the time of a General extraordinary especially convened to this end.
- Dissolution could not be marked except on the basis of duly justified decision approved by, at least, three quarters of the active members, after the agreement executive committee.
The decision of dissolution envisages the methods of liquidation, the nomination of authorities in charge of the liquidation among the members of the Centre and others, who will compensate the centre in all its prerogatives until the ratification of final liquidation by the General meeting convened according to methods' outlined in these statutes for the ordinary General meetings. The text of dissolution will have to specify the destination of the goods, the properties and the rights of the Centre which would have remained after final liquidation and which could not at all be the subject of a division or a distribution among the members, but should be given to one or many charity associations, or cultural NGO, by respecting the set of priorities according to:
- any reciprocity or association, whatever is the form or the denomination, rested by members of the Centre to create a group insurance, of some nature that it is, funds of pension or any other social form of cooperation.
- Any authority, assembly or association having objectives similar to those envisaged by these statutes.
- Charity and social works.
- All the provisions of the dahir fixing the right to found associations in the
- All that was not envisaged in a manner expressed in these statutes will be regulated in accordance with the general provisions of the legislation in force in the